I write across a good number of sites on the Internet. If you would like to read my latest writing I would suggest you visit the site where I am aggregating links to all my posts:
The sites and blogs where I write that are currently publicly available are (please note that there is a separate page for audio/video podcasts):
- Disruptive Conversations - how the "social media" of blogs, podcasts, wikis, virtual worlds, etc. are changing the way we communicate
- Disruptive Telephony - how Voice-over-IP (VoIP) is fundamentally changing the technology we use to communicate
- CircleID - a site focused on Internet infrastructure where I occasionally contribute articles
- Code.Danyork.com - a place where I write about programming/developer topics, typically outside the realm of communications/telephony.
- Voice of VOIPSA - a group weblog from the Voice Over IP Security Alliance on voip security issues
- Monadnock Curling Club - a site focused on bringing the sport of curling to southwestern New Hampshire
- DanYork.com - my "personal" site where I write about topics that don't fit in my other sites. Primary topics have been running, curling and my wife's fight against cancer.
For my work at the Internet Society, I am writing very regularly on topics related to IPv6, DNSSEC and routing resiliency/security at:
I also maintain sites for two of my recent books, although they are not updated all that frequently:
- Migrating Applications to IPv6, published by O'Reilly in June 2011
- Seven Deadliest Unified Communications Attacks, published by Syngress in April 2010
- My Advogato diary - My primary weblog May 2000 to June 2004. Started updating it in late 2010 with developer-related postings and now automatically syndicate posts from Code.DanYork.com over to this site.
- My LiveJournal Account - my primary weblog from 2004-2006 and then sporadically thereafter on more random subjects... Vermont, programming languages, curling, Linux and more...
- This Old Globe - about collecting terrestrial globes, a hobby of mine. Started as an experiment and not updated after 2006.
- North of 45 (RSS feed)- Stories relating to living in Canada from the viewpoint of an American who moved north in 2000
Older weblogs - no longer available
- Voxeo Weblogs - From 2007 to 2011, I administered the blog portal for my employer at the time, Voxeo, and was the primary contributor to many of the blogs there. Unfortunately, with the acquisition of Voxeo by Aspect, Inc., in 2013, they shut down all of the old Voxeo blogs and so all the content is no longer available. The were around 20 blogs on the site and I primarily wrote on the following blogs:
- Voxeo Talks - the main blog with a view on Voxeo announcements, industry trends, company culture and more
- Speaking of Standards - a Voxeo view on industry standards, particularly the W3C and IETF
- Voxeo Developers Corner - tips, tricks and tutorials for developing applications on Voxeo's platforms
- Unified Self-Service - articles about building multi-channel applications that work across voice, SMS/texting, IM, web, video and social media like Twitter
- Emerging Tech Talk - a video podcast on emerging technology issues
- Behind The Blog - a blog about how the Voxeo blog site runs on WordPress MU (WPMU)
Two of the Voxeo blogs continue to exist because ownership was transferred from Voxeo to Tropo, Inc. However because my account was not transferred (as I no longer was employed there), many of the posts I wrote prior to September 2011 have now been re-assigned to a different author:
Other blogs and sites
Others are still in development (or are private) and will be added here when the time is right to do so.